Why Work With Us?
We are a fee only Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firm and our objective is to help you achieve your goals. Our clients want a long-term relationship with a financial professional where they know we are both working towards the same goal. We make investment decisions with your best interests in mind.
Our clients have chosen to work with us for a number of very important reasons. They want a financial advisor who:
- Puts their interest first
- Understands their specific financial situation
- Offers straightforward advice that reflects their long-term goals
- Recommends investment solutions that best fit their unique needs
- Uses a fee-based structure that encourages unbiased advice
Whether we are helping you plan for retirement or save for your children’s education, YOUR objectives are OUR objectives:
- As an RIA, it is our fiduciary duty to act in your best interests – we are legally bound to put our clients’ interest first
- We will take the time to understand you and your specific financial situation
- We will strive to ensure your needs are being met through a personal relationship and committed pursuit of your investment goals
- We will make portfolio recommendations consistent with your objectives
As an RIA, we deliver personalized, focused financial advice, and our compensation for asset management is aligned with your goals. We charge for our services based on a percentage of your assets managed, so it’s important to us that your investments continue to grow. We are required to disclose how we are compensated.
The Profile of an RIA
- Independent business owners
- Compensation – RIAs typically charge a flat fee for advice or a percentage of assets under management
- Responsibility to Client – RIAs are fiduciaries and are legally bound to serve the interests of their clients
- Regulatory – RIAs are overseen by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and state regulatory agencies
The Profile of a Registered Representative (RR)
- Typically an employee/contractor of a broker-dealer firm. Broker-dealers are primarily in the business of buying and selling securities for their clients
- Facilitate securities purchase and sale transactions for their clients
- Compensated RRs are usually commission-based and/or fee-based
- Responsibility to Client – RRs ensure investment recommendations are suitable for the client and provide best execution of client orders
- Regulatory – FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority), along with the SEC and state regulatory agencies
Which Option is Right for You? Ask yourself:
- What am I looking for – assistance with buying/selling individual securities, investment advice, or both?
- How do I want to pay my financial professional? Fees? Commissions?
- Do I want to take a longer-term, holistic approach to the management of my investments or make it more transaction oriented?
- How important is it that my financial professional have a fiduciary responsibility to put my interests first?
Know what you want and need
Understand the different advice options
Choose the one that best suits your objectives