While Thanksgiving is bad for your waistline, giving thanks is good for the soul. Since I could use some help on that anyway, here are some thanks:
- I’m thankful for the Bill of Rights, which still provides some minimal protection from both big government and big business.
- I’m thankful for the unbalanced Fox News, which provides some balance for the equally unbalanced MSNBC. (The truth is somewhere between the two.)
- I’m thankful for my blind rescue cat, who shows me the world thru his eyes.
- I’m thankful for people who kill people who push fentanyl, thereby forfeiting their rights as human beings.
- I’m thankful for people who have the courage to run for political office, except for the many egotists.
- I’m thankful for people who work on holidays and hope they are well-paid for that.
- I’m thankful for people who don’t insist on bankrupting Medicare before dying.
- I”m thankful for experts who get on TV and then get trashed for it. (Paging Dr. Fauci)
- I’m thankful for people who don’t believe everything they read.